On Cowboy Trivia
- Gerald Thomas was proud of the fact that, of the 31
films he directed, Cowboy was the only one that went behind schedule on - by
one day. This was due to heavy rain in the initial stages of location
filming which cost the loss of the first day.
- Germany had the film re-titled as The Rumpo Kid.
- Cowboy has the distinction of being the only Western
film in history where the town has a left hand turn at the end of the main
road. This was due to the fact that Pinewood didn't have sprawling
prairies behind it.
- Carry On fan Ben Elton included a subliminal image
from the end of Carry On Cowboy in the episode of the Young Ones Nasty.
- Eric Rogers' brother Alan Rogers wrote the saloon song
This Is The Time For Love and if you look closely you can see Alan playing
the piano in the saloon.
- Peter Rogers, with his usual flair for music, wanted to
have Charles Hawtrey sing a quick snatch of Rose Marie's When I'm Calling
You Ooh but the American publishing house wouldn't allow it.
- For the stagecoach scene you can see it racing across
open country near Esher in Surrey with dust flying up from the wheels.
This was provided by a crewman sitting in the coach with a powder gun and
despite the fact that the horses were kicking up mud as it was one of the
wettest days on location.
- This is Sid James' favourite film.