On Screaming Trivia
- The film House of Wax starring Vincent Price has the
same story, young females being abducted and encased in wax.
- Kenneth Williams' character of Dr Watt was originally
going to be Virula's father, but Kenny wanted to play the part nearer his
- Gerald Thomas provided the monster gibberish and talk
for Oddbod, and his daughter Samantha had to have him 'do it' for her to go
to sleep at night for a while after the film came out.
- At selected cinemas at the films release, you could but
Kreepy Kwivers rubberised monsters, for the price of 12/6.
- The title song was recorded and released by a pop star
called Boz (Ray Pilgrim). But the version in the film has the credit Anon. It
was thought to be sung by Jim Dale for a long time, but this has been found
not to be true.
- It was the last Carry On film distributed by
Anglo-Amalgamated. Stuart Levy had died and Nat Cohen, his partner
made it known that the Carry Ons were too low brow, as he wanted to move up
market, even though the films had been extremely profitable for the
company. Rank took over distribution.
- How does Mr Potter know what a socket is and how to plug "it" in
where and why? Since it seems to have been a time when mostly gas was used
for lighting and cooking, he and also Sergeant Bung
should have been ignorant of electrical matters.
- When Mrs Bung takes the telephone with her into bed, it must have had very
long wires to reach from outside the room to where she buried the phone box
under the bed cover.