- Windsor Davies' character in Behind was originally to be played
by Sid James, but due to an Australian tour of the successful stage play The
Mating Game it wasn't possible.
- When Peter Rogers and Gerald Thomas found out that Sid
James was unavailable for Follow That Camel, they decided to look for American talent to see if
they could crack that lucrative market. One choice they considered was
- Sid James was starring in the BBC TV comedy Taxi
with Bill Owen - you couldn't get nearer with casting for Cabby.
- Due to increasingly vocal comments made by the censors
and critics concerning Sid's chasing after young girls, an effort was made
to phase out this persona, and this comes to the fore in Convenience, he has
his pipe and slippers. This coincided with his successful TV series Bless
- Cowboy was Sid's favourite film.
- South Africa, Sid James' place of birth, banned Carry
On Dick due to the depiction of a robber in Vicars clothes.
- Sid's part in Doctor was reduced and they had him
acting in bed due to his recent heart attack.
- Dany Robin was the wife of Sid James' agent. Sid
stayed at their house one night when her husband was away, she was somewhat
surprised to wake up to him attempting to get into bed with her. He
tried it again later in the night.
- Sid James and Jim Dale came up with the gag in Don't
lose Your Head where a
messenger is told to drop the message in to the basket and the Duc will read
- Sid is wearing the same cloak in Carry On Henry that Richard Burton
was wearing a few months earlier.